Continuous Improvement Manager
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is currently searching for a Sr. Manager of Continuous Improvement (TEOA). The individual in this role will accelerate process improvement and development of TEOA culture to enable ECE and business growth.
• Lead the implementation of annual strategic priorities and identify, design, and construct programs and projects to improve Continuous Improvement
• Drive execution of annual objectives; coach and indirectly manage teams; establish program performance metrics; and deliver process excellence support.
• Create oversight on the progress of measurable KPI’s through monthly tracking and review meetings with senior staff and executive management.
• Identify opportunities and proactively lead lean (TEOA) implementation and Kaizen events to improve business operating performance and achieve yearly business goals.
• Align with key stakeholders to ensure overall Continuous Improvement metrics, philosophy, and business system is aligned to their organizational strategy.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholders to create a mindset and culture of Continuous Improvement.
• Create visibility of TEOA adoption progress at site
• Share successes/best practices and inspire engagement in TEOA across the enterprise
• Support strategies and initiatives to enable achievement of strategic goals for the company
• University degree in the technical field
• Min 5 years’ experience in a related position or in business process continuous improvement with proven track records
• Critical thinking and decision making
• Driving experience within lean process and organizational transformation across multiple functions and levels within the organization
• Strong business acumen with the ability to communicate in the language of the business and align continuous improvement activities and initiatives to maximize impact
• Strong track record of delivering results
• Czech or Slovak language
• English language at a communicative level
• Experience in the automotive industry would be an advantage