SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER (m/ž) - REMOTE
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER EMEA (m/w)
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for conducting supplier audits, develop suppliers, resolve supplier escalations from suppliers at our plants and support long-term performance of our supply chain.
The Supplier Quality Engineer regularly interacts and communicates with Customer, SQE at the plants, Suppliers, Procurement/Commodity Management, Product Engineering, Product Management, and Finance as required.
- Support Quality Escalations from Components suppliers at our factories
o Work with suppliers and customers as needed for plant escalations to ensure that appropriate root cause, solution and verification takes place in timely and comprehensive manner.
- Conduct audits with critical suppliers to evaluate supplier performance and promote improvements.
- Work with suppliers to resolve issues identified in audits and reviews.
- Train and up skill suppliers on quality standards, LEAN tools, TE requirements, best practices audit skills for tier 2 suppliers.
- Collaborate and partner with suppliers to ensure the supplier:
o Adheres to quality standards
o Is held accountable for meeting TE requirements, KPIs,
o Has strategic improvement plans in place
- Communicate with suppliers and internal groups. Modify communications and style to deal appropriately with various hierarchical levels and to suit the sensitivity of the topic.
Key Qualifications, Experiences & Knowledge:
- Good English communication (written and oral)
- 5-8 years of experience and knowledge in the Quality profession (with Engineering related background)
- 8D (eight disciplines) problem solving for customers and suppliers required
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict to ensure proper execution of escalations from Plants and customer.
- Robust Root cause and solution problem solving toolbox experience required
- Automotive and electrical manufacturing industries experienced is a plus
- Accredited to conduct supplier audits (ISO and or IATF preferred)
- Demonstrated experience of conducting supplier audits
- Demonstrated experience for supplier improvement programs
- Be able to understand processes, supplier contractual agreements & competitors as needed.
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in quality engineering assignments.
- Ability to pick up new information and processes quickly
- Proactive and self-starter
- Travel 25-40%